Trails

MC-11 Bowling Club

Milton of Campsie Bowling Club opened in 1922. Duncan Grey was the first President. The opening celebrations included only a marque and enthusiastic bowlers.
A Clubhouse came later after a two year fundraising campaign including bake and jumble sales.
On the 4th of June 1924 the Clubhouse was officially opened by Lady Stirling of Baldoran. The Clubs first champion was T. Scott in 1923.

References
Some thoughts on 75 years 1922 — 1997: Milton of Campsie Bowling Club — J.M Murdoch and G.D. McFall
Kirkintilloch Herald

[MC-815]

Map

Trails