TO-02 Torrance Parish Church

Torrance Parish Church Outing, 1890s

In the 1860’s the Torrance Free Mission was formed and meetings were held in a small hall at the top flat of Bella Place, situated about 50 yards from our present Church. A new hall was eventually built and it became know as “The Free Kirk Box”. In the Year 1900, after union with the United Free Church, it became the United Free Church Hall, and remained so until 1917, when it became a full charge as the Torrance United Free Church. The union between the United Free Church of Scotland and the Church of Scotland took place in 1929, and the Church became Torrance Parish Church as it is today.

Torrance Parish Church website

Next Tale on the Trail: Torrance Victoria Bowling Club

Back to Torrance Trail page